Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I got the Visiting Time wrong... It's in the PM instead of AM

Which means instead of waking up outrageously early and seeing my man the first thing in the morning, I have to be at school in a class.

It also means that unless the class is randomly canceled, the next time I can see him is April 22! That's four weeks from tomorrow! A whole month! Urgg...

I almost started crying after his phone call tonight because he just wanted me to tell him about my day and that he's 'ready to pull his hair out'. Also since I won't be able to visit him for a month, it means more collect phone calls, that well, I don't really have the money for.

I wish that there was more I could do than send him mail, buy him books from Barns'n'Noble, and see him for 45 minutes when possible. The only plus side of him eventually heading to prison is that I will at least be able to send him 'care packages', with pretty stationary and stamps.

Right now, if I would deposit money into his account, not 50% like it says on the website - but 100%, he would not have the use of the money. Apparently he's too 'in debt' with the prison due to his cancer treatment that the prison feels they can take all his funds. So I can't even deposit money so he can buy snacks and junk food! If I were in a situation like that I would really look forward to buying a different kind of chips or candy bars each day, I would delight in that.

Right now I pray, and try to find money to pay for lots of stamps, collect phone calls, and to buy him a book once or twice a month.

BTW: Even notice that the vast majority of the Bargain Books at Barns'n'Noble are hardcover and therefore cannot be sent to the Jail? Also, that most calendars, puzzle books and journals all have a spiral binding and therefore cannot be sent to the Jail.

No comments: